The attorneys of Ullman, Shapiro & Ullman, LLP combine a close focus on food, drug, and cosmetic law. Additionally, we have a long track record of successful litigation in civil trials and administrative enforcement proceedings.
For our clients, this translates into comprehensive service across the range of legal, regulatory and legislative issues that manufacturers, importers, distributors and advertisers are likely to encounter in the natural foods, dietary supplements and nutritional products industry. Our lawyers can also provide expert assistance in the drug and cosmetics industries.
Advice for Companies Dealing in Natural Foods and Dietary Supplements
Our scope of legal services include:
- Counseling clients on regulatory compliance under the rules of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Counseling clients on regulatory compliance under the rules of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Introduction of New Dietary Ingredients for use in dietary supplements
- Development of strategies for achieving GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) status for food ingredients
- Management of product recalls, defense of FDA inspections and general crisis management
- Review of advertising and product claims in traditional and online media
- Documentation and review of sales contracts, distribution contracts, supply contracts and licensing agreements
- Representation in administrative hearings and civil litigation relating to product safety issues, and product claims.
Though based in New York City, our law firm has a nationwide and global clientele. We provide counsel to companies located throughout the United States as well as companies abroad that are doing business in the United States. Our familiarity with federal product safety and consumer advertising regulations benefit our clients regardless of where they are located.
Our clients engage in various facets of the food, vitamins, dietary supplements, herbals, weight loss, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals industries, including manufacturing, advertising, import-export, distribution, direct mail, television / infomercial advertising and Web marketing. Our attorneys advise established companies and emerging startups alike.
Regardless of their particular business, all of our clients stand to benefit from a distinctive feature of our practice — our commitment to prompt response and efficient client service. Our lawyers are able to provide clear advice quickly and succinctly and are willing to answer a client question in a single e-mail rather than a 15-page memo whenever possible. Our focused experience in our areas of practice allows us to advise our clients promptly and with confidence.
For additional information about our ability to meet your company’s needs, contact Ullman, Shapiro & Ullman in New York.
Ullman, Shapiro & Ullman, LLP
1205 Franklin Avenue, Suite 340
Garden City, NY 11530
Phone: 516 -248-4641
Map and Directions
New York City Office
425 Park Avenue, 27th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Map and Directions