Nationwide Client Service in Civil Litigation
In addition to advising clients about the best ways to avoid and resolve federal regulatory problems and intellectual property disputes, the trial attorneys of Ullman, Shapiro & Ullman handle the full range of contract and tort litigation that natural products and dietary supplement companies can expect to encounter over time.
As with all other aspects of our practice, we emphasize efficient and responsive client service and the prompt resolution of litigation problems whenever possible. Our lawyers will consider which litigation strategies are best suited to the demands of your immediate problem while also keeping your broader business objectives in mind as we address the situation.
We handle cases involving such issues as:
- Commercial litigation concerning the delivery or condition of raw materials or ingredients
- Breach of contract claims under licensing, distribution or supply agreements
- Fraud or material misrepresentation claims in cases of mislabeling or product adulteration
- Claims under trade secrets or confidentiality clauses of employment or consulting contracts
- Private arbitration before the Better Business Bureau’s National Advertising Division
- Appeals of regulatory enforcement decisions made by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Actions against FDA, FTC or other agencies for failing to observe their own regulations or procedural requirements
- State attorney general enforcement proceedings
When a client company must consider civil action in order to protect its interests, Ullman, Shapiro & Ullman will, whenever possible, present a range of litigation alternatives for the client’s consideration. These options might include injunctive relief, arbitration or negotiation. When our clients are obliged to defend a civil lawsuit, we try to steer the case along a path toward early and favorable resolution.
For more information about the scope of our civil litigation practice in the dietary and nutritional supplements industry, contact our office in New York to discuss your situation with an experienced trial attorney.